Altering Reality- the Power of Our Thoughts




Hi everyone,

I don't know how many of you practice internal arts, so I don't know if anyone can relate when I say that I have been experiencing a real good internal balance lately with qi flowing strong and freely.

I have found that my iron shirt skill is actually coming on nicely now and that I move a lot easier and faster nowadays.


Image result for kung fu dunk

All in all- I am in a good mood.

I realise with today's post that this blog is actually approaching the end of its lifespan. The topic on which I am writing actually belongs to a class of things that I reserve for advanced students, but I still think it is good to write this post as it is both true and useful.

If you have seen the movie Kung Fu Dunk (starring Jay Chou who was also Kato in the most recent Green Hornet movie) you will remember that Shi Jie's first master tried to perform an esoteric type of Kung Fu called "Altering the Universe".

In Ninjutsu the kuji-kiri hand form Zai is also said to mean "control over the elements".

 Image result for kuji kiri zai

This was something I did not really research a lot into as it had no place in my training at the time, but a connection was made when I had read Rhonda Byrne's The Secret.

In the Secret- Rhonda explains that each of us are responsible for the creation of our own realities.

I can't really confirm that as I still believe that the Universe is subject to the will of a Supreme Controller, but after some experimentation (which I consider a good thing when it comes to martial arts and self help techniques) I have managed to figure out how this Law of Attraction works. As somebody who had written off positive thinking decades ago- I still stick to this and have seen it work in different ways.

I have devised a simple experiment that demonstrates how the law of attraction works. If you like the outcome of this experiment, you can keep it as a part of your training program.

If you don't- well... At least you will have felt good for a while...



Image result for The Secret


So- here goes...

You know what that dreaded day in the future feels like, right? Getting back to work, that annoying co-worker that seems to delight bearing news of trouble from the boss, the copier's feeder that seems to have an overactive gag reflex whenever more than 5 pages need to get copied in a hurry...

Well- I am sure each of you have your own annoyances that you find to be part of your life.

Thinking about it just gets you feeling worse. It even gets your stomach turning. Even though the day has not yet arrived and nothing real has yet been experienced you can actually have a sick feeling in your body.

Well- let's try this now:



If you can at least sit cross-legged it is fine, but hey- sitting in seiza or Lotus position will get you extra credit with me.

Now think about this...

You still remember what joy feels like, right?

Think about this now- you checking your bank balance and finding that your account holds five times your monthly salary, your body surging with enough strength and health to run for miles and train for hours on end. On the front of your training consider how this feels- sparring is a joy. You can avoid all your opponent's blows and land all yours. Your throws work perfectly well and you hear that satisfying thud of a punch or kick hitting just right as you land your attacks. With your throws you are rooted as firmly as a 100 year old tree while your opponent gets flung like a rag doll.

Feels good, doesn't it. Maintain that good feeling and let it straighten out that spine as your head feels lighter and floats upwards, stretching your neck just enough to be vertical without feeling like you are being hanged.

Feel that pleasant tingling feeling fill your stomach as you breathe in and feel all strain and tension leave you as you exhale. With each breath more of this pleasantness enters you and starts pushing up to the rest of your body, filling every muscle- which you keep relaxed to help it absorb as much of it as it can. 

Even if you let go of the thoughts- hold on to this feeling that they create. I recommend that you close your eyes as well to imagine the pleasant events more vividly, but it is not really necessary.

Now- once you have taken in as much of this energy as you can- stop. Get up and go about your day.

If you want to participate in this experiment all you need to do is do this thought exercise that I have given just now- then go about your day at work, training or whatever. After that- write a comment about what you have experienced during your day in the comment section of wherever you have found this post. I regularly visit Facebook, Twitter and Google+, so I will see your comments. The more comments we get the better.

I look forward to seeing what you type.

Next week I will write about the Induction Principle, which is something I have stumbled upon while playing around with the Law of Attraction.

Until then- stay well and train hard.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tai Chi Movement #3- Wave Hands like Clouds

Blindfold training

The Reverse Crescent Kick in Taijiquan