Weighted vest training.

I am a big fan of training with weights. It is just a pity that we don't get these ankle and wrist weights much heavier than what they are.

There is something left to design for someone. :D

I wanted to show you how I perform Bassai Dai with this equipment. You can see what came of the first attempt at filming it here:


My second attempt looks like this:



The heaviest part of this whole thing is the vest. I am not really fast while wearing it. I guess I could use simpler attacks to be faster, but then again- I believe in training hard and fighting easy. :D



If there is one thing for which I never stop being grateful it is the opportunity to train. Right now- at the age of 37 my training has survived moving to two new homes, 6 jobs and restrictions on which part of the yard it is okay to practice in. For a while I even managed to keep dojo days open.

Don't stop training, people!

Have a great week ahead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tai Chi Movement #3- Wave Hands like Clouds

Blindfold training

The Reverse Crescent Kick in Taijiquan