The start of 2016- and the first couple of pages from my books.


Hi,everyone.

I have had a really nice vacation during the festive season and am getting set to start work next week.



I am especially grateful for all the spare time I have had in which to train. :)

In my mission to get Wenhsiuquan uploaded to the collective consciousness of the communities to which I belong I have begun by including to pages from the first book I have written. In time more pages will follow.

This new year promises to be very exciting to me. I wish all of you out there a year in which you will reap good results from your continued training.






THE WENHSIUQUAN BOOK OF PULLING AND PUSHING

By Wenhsiu





TABLE OF CONTENTS

INTRODUCTION...............................................................................1
CHAPTER 1: The Basics....................................................................2
CHAPTER 2: A position of weakness................................................5
CHAPTER 3: Basic Techniques-
The Cornerstones of Wenhsiuquan Grappling...............................9

CHAPTER 4: Attack and Defence ..................................................14

CHAPTER 5: A Form to get you started..........................................40

CHAPTER 6: Developing Strength..................................................72


Epilogue.........................................................................................73





Introduction

I shall admit that during a large part of my martial art training I have focused on punching and kicking. Shoving and dragging techniques have always been- and still are- illegal in Karate and Taekwondo contests in any event, so a lot of dojos do not even bother to teach it.

This was not the reason why I did not practice much of these techniques, though. Ever since I have learnt techniques from arts like Judo and Aikido I really wanted to practice these techniques, but found myself training alone for the largest part. This is a major drawback in my opinion, because grappling of any kind is best practised with a partner.

Grappling techniques should not be regarded as inferior to kicks and strikes. Any person- regardless of how resistant he may be to punches and kicks- can fall over. Any throw or takedown to get your opponent toppled- requires either a pull or a push.

In this book I have started with the basic principles of stance and weight distribution. After that I have tried to put the most essential practical applications of these techniques. Lastly- I have compiled a form for individual practice.

Whether you wish to learn Wenhsiuquan, to get acquainted with grappling or to start learning a martial art from scratch- this book is intended to help you. I trust that you shall gain a deeper understanding of how force is applied in the martial arts after you have studied the pages that follow.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tai Chi Movement #3- Wave Hands like Clouds

Blindfold training

The Reverse Crescent Kick in Taijiquan