Going to Nan Hua Temple! Happy Chinese New Year!


It is the Year of the Monkey and already I imagine that SunWu Kong springs to mind with many martial arts fanatics- who are as crazy about Chinese culture as I am.

In the town of Bronkhorstspruit we South Africans have our very own Buddhist Temple. Nan Hua Temple is a significant landmark on the N4 and on the weekend closest to Chinese New Year's Day it hosts a huge celebration.

In 2014 I was able to see a martial arts demonstration. I dug this up among the photos and videos I took that day:


Tomorrow morning I will set off on the N4 to attend this year's celebrations.

To all my Chinese friends a happy and prosperous new year.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tai Chi Movement #3- Wave Hands like Clouds

Blindfold training

The Reverse Crescent Kick in Taijiquan