How The Secret helped with my martial arts training (And thank you for the 6 000 views!)


Which of you has read this book?

I'll be the first to admit that I am not rich yet. I have, however, been able to develop a really cool technique from it.

A lot of teachers, mentors and just about anyone giving us advice can easily tell us what to do and how to do it. What few people ever realise, however, is that what you think and feel while doing something is really important. I mean- really important.

Now- instead of going into a long psychological explanation of why the technique works (I am very fond of doing so, btw, but today I prefer to have you experience it rather than just reading) I am going to give you some homework:

Take a technique or a kata that you feel needs some work- or maybe it's your kumite, then take that- and spend some quite alone time thinking about it. Now here comes the trick-

Don't think about how you struggle doing it- think about how it is doing it right. Imagine yourself doing everything perfectly- like the epitome of sheer awesomeness! Pay attention to how you feel while doing it this well. Let that feeling grow within you. Make it your own to summon up whenever you can.
Now- take that feeling and go do your thing with it! 

I am watching the comments section on my G+ and on Facebook for feedback. :)

Have fun. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tai Chi Movement #3- Wave Hands like Clouds

Blindfold training

The Reverse Crescent Kick in Taijiquan