Youtube Find- Dan Lok


For someone like me who loved reading up on martial arts in any good books that I can find I feel really spoiled to have the internet at my disposal.

Where I used to have to buy a book and sometimes try to figure out what picture the typed words in it is painting I now have tons of Youtube videos to go through.

Sure- we have to be careful with the information we find on the internet. That is certain...

Then we also have to bear in mind that you can learn only so much from a video, but that a lot of videos, but not all, are actually intended to get you interested in the martial art the maker of the video is teaching and you get only shown enough to get you curious.

Over the years, however, I have found some very generous Youtubers who share huge amounts of information. All of these people do an excellent job in promoting their art.

Just to let you know who I am talking about- here are my favourite Martial Arts Youtubers up to before now:


Jesse Enkamp- Karate

Iain Abernethy- Karate

Shifu Yan Lei- Shaolin Kung Fu

Iain Sinclair- Taijiquan

CodeRedDefense.com- Self Defense

Master Wong- Wing Chun, Taiji and Self Defense

These people actually make an effort to teach at least a bit in their videos to get you going. What they teach can be tested and I have found that they are really worth listening to.

The latest addition to this list is a Cantonese American (that is at least what he sounds like) man called Dan Lok.

He teaches Wing Chun.





https://youtu.be/5By9THjB32Q


Chinese martial arts teachers often run the risk of not being able to convey proper technique to people who want to learn by just watching and listening. I tend to judge the technique of individuals that I come across by, among other things, listening to the sound an impact pad or punching bag makes when they hit it.

I can tell you- this guy is the real deal.

The video that I shared in this post is in my view the best introductory video to Wing Chun and gives the viewer a very clear idea about what kind of attacks a Wing Chun practitioner would use.

I really hope he posts a lot more of these.

Well- that is all for now. Stay well and train well this week!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tai Chi Movement #3- Wave Hands like Clouds

Blindfold training

The Reverse Crescent Kick in Taijiquan