Has it already been that long?




Hi, everyone.

This week I have turned 40.




This means that it would now be 25 years that I have been training, meditating and learning while I have been working, meeting people, saying goodbye to people, getting sick, getting well again, making money, losing money and living life in all other respects that may come to mind.  


I have, of course, also been writing this blog....

I have taken a quick pause from typing this post to check my archive. The first post in this blog came out on 21 April 2011.

Since then a lot has changed.



I realise by now that there are a lot of people my age who say that they USED to study some martial art or the other when they were kids or perhaps when they were just "younger". There were enough times when I seriously thought about taking that very route.

Still- I haven't...





That in itself ought to tell you that I am not like any other person of my age, my race, my gender or whatever group you'd try to lump me in with. I am most likely also not like any martial artist that you may know.

I used to wonder why people stopped doing martial arts, why some were never interested in learning martial arts and why some people that do study martial arts don't see things my way.

By now I know enough to understand that whatever the reason is for all of the above- I shall keep training as long as this body is able to do so and that this body has its best chance at being able to do so if I do keep training.

So- prepare yourselves- If I do get to be a 100 you can be sure that I will still wake up every morning to train before I do anything else for the day. :D

Stay well, everyone! Keep on training! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tai Chi Movement #3- Wave Hands like Clouds

Blindfold training

The Reverse Crescent Kick in Taijiquan