2019 is at an end



This is usually the time when we take some time to look back to the highlights of a year.

This year I became aware of the end to three things approaching.





The first thing that I have seen coming to an end is this blog.

Well- I am not done yet, but I can see that I am running out of things to say here. :D

I used to announce my December Break from blogging at this time of the year, but this is the first year in which I have stopped writing new posts for a long time to come.

Still- the Wenhsiuquan Facebook Page got started this year. You might find some new posts from me or some shared posts from other martial artists on it from time to time.

Be assured, though, that I may stop blogging sometime, but I will never stop training.







The next thing of which I have seen the end is single life. :D

In this case I have not just seen it coming. It has arrived. 

Image may contain: 2 people, including Marthinus Boshoff, people smiling


Xiaowei and I have been dating since July now. This in itself is a huge change for me. One of the things I like about her is that, just like I have a morning workout with my martial arts she has a morning workout with Yoga.

Image may contain: 2 people, including Marthinus Boshoff, people smiling, people sitting


Before she showed up my friends in the online communities were the only people with whom I spent my spare time.

Having a real person to talk to and spend time with is something that has been long overdue.


With this came the third thing...

My days of living here with my parents are coming to an end.


In martial arts nowadays it is alright to see yourself graduating from one belt to the next. Life n itself, however, has its gradings as well.

I have been training for a long time to get the courage and strength to face life itself. These changes promise to put that to the test for me.

It is a challenge that I gladly accept, since I have been wanting somebody like Xiaowei in my life for an immensely long time now.


Those of you who are taking a break from training this December- enjoy it. Yes- taking breaks is part of training too. :D

Let's prepare to meet 2020 with loads of courage and enthusiasm!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tai Chi Movement #3- Wave Hands like Clouds

Blindfold training

The Reverse Crescent Kick in Taijiquan