Last post for the Year

So we have arrived at December...

The closing time for my office is near, I am looking forward to some time off and for once- we as a family can get together for Christmas and put the work and issues aside.

I was actually wondering what I was going to write about.

This week, however, one martial artist has gotten a lot of attention from me.

Meet Chintya Candranaya!

Image result for chintya candranaya

Now- I know I always said that I prefer Kung Fu and Karate, but this lady has just managed to get me sold on Pencak Silat. Where with Taekwondo I often looked and said "That looks so much like Karate..." I have come to see a huge amount of similarities between Kung Fu and Silat.

One of the internal exercises that Chintya does in her video on shin conditioning actually looks like an exercise from Shaolin.

Image result for chintya candranaya

Image result for chintya candranaya


I don't know about Chintya's healing factor, but she seems to have an adamantium skeleton. She bends blades, roundhouse kicks really hard objects with her shins and strikes metal poles into bends with her hands and wrists.

Image result for chintya candranaya

Image result for chintya candranaya

Still- she is really pleasant and comes across as a very friendly person in her videos.

Like D K Yoo she uses attackers that come at her while wearing padding and motorcycle helmets. You can clearly see that she can topple men larger than her with her kicks and that her punches have real power.


https://youtu.be/5jCH4imwoIE


So- Silat is defeinitely a martial art that I will be looking into in the years ahead. I think a lot of Muay Thai and MMA fans would also love it.

As many of you know by now- I may be taking a break from blogging during the holidays, but not from training.

A special treat that may or may not happen during these holidays, though, is that I will be trying out my first real-life Yoga class.

If you are committed to a dojo and there is no class for the holidays, you might also want to take that of time to try out something new.

Whatever you do, I hope you all have a blessed festive season and a prosperous new year waiting for you!


Train well!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tai Chi Movement #3- Wave Hands like Clouds

Blindfold training

The Reverse Crescent Kick in Taijiquan